In August and September, I received the Honest Scrap Award from three wonderful bloggers:
Stef from 52 Weeks of Wordage - http://52weeksofwordage.blogspot.com/
Helen from Straight from Hel - http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com/
Laura from A Shift in Dimensions - http://lauraeno.blogspot.com/
Thank you again for the recognition! I love your blogs and am grateful for your support. I hope those who are reading this will pay a visit to their sites.
The award is meant to be passed on to bloggers who post from the heart, and the rules are simple: pass the award on to seven worthy blogs and list ten honest things about yourself.
Since I am new to the blogging world, I haven't had much exposure to many blogs. But there have been a few that have touched me in a short time. I'd like to pass the award on to 4 as follows:
Dr. Joseph Sivak from Caregiver Survival: I Hate Alzheimer's - http://alzheimmers.blogspot.com/ - I've been following Joe's blog for two months. His mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's when he was 17 years old and he became her primary caregiver. As a doctor, he has treated many patients with AD. His blog is unique in that he has experienced the disease from both sides, professionally and personally. I've learned so much about the disease from his blog. His honesty shines right through every line.
Leslie from Something Brilliant is Brewing - http://willswimagain.blogspot.com/ - It has only been a few days that I've been reading Leslie's blog, but I was instantly moved by her honesty and lovely writing. She is on a weight loss journey and an inspiration to anyone who has travelled the same road.
Amanda Cooper from A Noodle In A Haystack - http://noodleinahaystack.blogspot.com/ - Amanda's blog had me and my mother up and jitterbugging yesterday morning. What a breath of fresh air! And a joy to anyone who has a passion for wonderful old movies, especially musicals and comedies. Where does the honesty come in? Let's just say 'Elizabeth Taylor.' :-)
Nancy Kopp from Writer Granny's World - http://writergrannysworld.blogspot.com/ - Nancy's blog is "A lot about my writer's world and a little about my personal world." Her writing, no matter which subject, is straight from her heart. It is something you feel as soon as you read her writing.
Thank you Joe, Leslie, Amanda, and Nancy for your honesty!
As for 10 honest things about me:
1) I love fresh fruit but absolutely will not eat fruit that is cooked.
2) I have never and will never taste any kind of fish. I just can't bring it to my lips and I have no idea why.
3) I am a vegetarian - I don't eat anything that had parents.
4) I have one sibling, Jim, who is ten years older than I, and I am happy about that seeing how my mother and her sisters fight!
5) My biggest passion or what I will fight wildly for, are animals and their rights.
6) Mornings are my best time. By 1p I have almost completely fizzled out.
7) I am beginning to lose my hair and have prepared myself to be as bald as my mother.
8) When I get tired, I twirl my hair.
9) Dan calls me a song slut. I will finish any song he starts and he often starts them just for that reason.
10) I am miserable when I'm hungry.